Although made with durability in mind, the Move is not indestructible. As such, you can still encounter problems that need troubleshooting to fix the device. To do so, start by checking the hardware status and then examine other aspects of the speaker.
What Are the Three Buttons on the Back of the Sonos Move?
The three buttons on the back of the Move each have specific functions making it more convenient. Generally, these three keys are used for power, switching connection modes, and joining the Sonos system.
First off, the Power button is used to easily turn the speakers on and off. It is also made to trigger the device awake after going into automatic sleep mode.
The Mode button is a new addition unique to the Move that can function via the home network and using Bluetooth. With it, you can switch connection links with one click of a key.
Lastly, the Join button is convenient if you want to link with the Sonos system. Connecting with the system you registered the Move with is helpful when you want to access the multiroom feature.
What Is the Join Button on Sonos Move?
On the back of the Move, you can see a key that sports an infinity symbol. This is known as the Join button, helpful when setting up the Move to your Sonos system. Located on the bottom part of the back, you really can’t miss this convenient key.
This button is extremely helpful if you’re far from your source device. With just one click, you get to include the Move in the ecosystem and access Sonos’ convenient features.
What Is the Infinity Symbol on Sonos Move?
If you’ve just started out acquainting yourself with Sonos, then the infinity symbol may be foreign for you. No worries though, because it’s simply the Join button that you won’t be using a lot. Generally, you use it to connect the Move to your Sonos system during the setup process.
You can also use it with the Power button to reset the Move. This will refresh the controller program and help solve a variety of problems.
What Is the Mode Button on Sonos Move?
The Move is Sonos’ first speaker to have both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth functions. As such, the brand decided on a smart idea to include a Mode button on its hardware design.
To enable the switching between two different modes, you’ll first need to set up the device on the controller app via Wi-Fi. Once you’ve got this out of the way, toggling between the two pairing modes is easy peasy. You’ll be able to link to your home network and quickly switch to Bluetooth with just the press of a button.
To determine which mode the Move is in, you’ll simply need to take a glimpse of the status light. The LED indicator flashing white means it is connected to Wi-Fi. Once you press the Mode button, it will blink blue to show it’s in Bluetooth pairing mode.
What Are The Buttons on the Front of Sonos Move?
The Move has seven buttons in total, and four of them are located on the front part of the speakers. These keys are put on the forefront of the device for convenience, and here are their functions:
|Volume Up||This button will increase the volume output of your Move. It is located on the right of the Play/Pause key. Holding it will rapidly maximize the volume of the audio you’re playing.|
|Volume Down||You can find this button on the left of the Play/Pause key. Tapping this continuously will lower the device’s volume. Holding it will rapidly minimize the volume.|
|Play/Pause||This button allows you to resume playing audio that has been paused. It will also pause the sound that is currently playing. Holding the Play/Pause button is a shortcut that enables the creation of a speaker group.|
|Microphone On/Off||This controls whether your Move’s microphone is turned on or off. Through this, you have the choice to control whether the speakers will hear you when voice commands are activated.|
What Is the Red Light on Front of Sonos Move?
The red light indicator on the front of the Move indicates that you’ve failed to set it up. If you’re new to the Sonos community, then you should note that the device will flash red if you didn’t configure it within thirty minutes of turning it on.
In this case, you’ll need to reboot your wireless speaker and start the process of setting it up again. If you failed to do the setup, then you’ll be unable to use the device, even in Bluetooth pairing mode.
Why Is My Sonos Move Blinking Red?
In the instance that your Move is blinking red, you’ll need to reboot it immediately. This is because it has failed in the setup procedure and has not registered on the Sonos controller app.
If this happens, then the Move is basically useless as you haven’t activated Bluetooth pairing yet. Once you’ve rebooted the device and it still blinks red, then it may be malfunctioning. In this case, your only choice is to go to a specialist or call Sonos support.
What Does Alternating Red and White Light Mean on Sonos Move?
Another pattern to watch out for is the alternate blinking of red and white light on the Move. This means that you’ve failed in software updates and would need to reboot the device.
If the LED still flashes red and white even after rebooting, then you’ll need to troubleshoot the root of the problem. In the worst case, you’ll have to hard reset the Move to restore it to the original setting. If all else fails, then your only choice is to ask Sonos support for help.
What Does a Green Light on My Sonos Move Mean?
The LED indicator on the Move turns green when you’ve muted the speaker. That’s right, unlike other smart speakers that are always listening, Sonos made sure you get to keep your privacy.
In this state, you’re unable to talk or interact with either Google Assistant or Alexa. Giving basic commands or changing playlists from across the room is also not possible. To disable mute mode, press the volume up button or navigate the Sonos app.
What Does Flashing Green Light on Sonos Move Mean?
When your Move’s LED indicator is flashing green, then your device has successfully turned on. In this state, the wireless speaker is ready for setup via the Sonos controller application.
In case your Sonos Move is not recently purchased, then the blinking green light means that the speakers have successfully reset. You’ll need to set it up via Wi-Fi all over again for it to be usable.
What Does Flashing Green and White Light on Sonos Move Mean?
The flashing green and white light on the Move indicates that it has not been registered to any Sonos account yet. This is no source of concern, and you’ll only need to log in or create an account to solve it.
If you were to register the Move to a Sonos account, then you’ll have the benefits of using the controller app. With it, you get to stream a variety of music and access a lot of third-party streaming programs.
What Does an Orange Light Mean on Sonos Move?
If your Move is showing off an orange light, then it has failed the setup process. This means the device is unable to register to the controller app and failed to connect to Wi-Fi. In this case, you’ll need to repeat the configuration steps once again.
Alternatively, a solid orange light can also indicate that the device has overheated. After leaving it to cool for a while and it is still orange, contact Sonos support.
Why is My Sonos Move Flashing Orange?
The LED indicator flashing orange means that the Move is creating a connection. This generally happens during the setup process when the device is linking to Wi-Fi.
Blinking orange light also means that you’ve pressed the Play/Pause button and there’s no audio queue saved. To alter this, launch the Sonos app and choose audio or a playlist to start streaming music.
What Does Orange and White Light Mean on Sonos Move?
Sonos Move is currently updating if the LED indicator is blinking orange and white. This happens without prompt if you’ve set the automatic updates on. It will also turn to these colors if you’re currently resetting the device.
If neither of the two is happening, then your wireless speaker is in a faulty condition. You’ll need to get to the root of the problem or contact support for help.
Why Does Sonos Move Show Offline?
You shouldn’t panic when the Move appears offline and is not read by the Sonos controller app. A little troubleshooting will easily solve the problem as long as it’s not stemming from hardware malfunctions.
First off, the device’s battery may be running a little too low to the point that it became depleted. In this case, the Move will automatically shut itself down until you plug it into a compatible power source. Similarly, it will also go offline if you’ve turned it off voluntarily.
Second, the Move may be on Standby/Sleep mode. If you’ve left your device alone for about thirty minutes, then it will go on this battery conservation state. To wake it up, just give it a tap in the Sonos app, and watch it go online.
If the two mentioned are not the case, then you may be out of the Wi-Fi range. In this case, you’ll need to station your device near the network or just use Bluetooth to solve the problem.
If the Move still fails to go online and remains unreachable, then it’s time to hit up a Sonos specialist. It may be due to internal software problems, or you may need to hunt for a new speaker.
Why Does Sonos Move Keep Going Offline?
The main reason why the Move keeps going offline and undetected is because of its automatic sleep feature. If you’re not using the device for audio streaming and left it idle for thirty minutes, then it’ll always go in this state.
Sonos made the wireless speakers this way. Since the Move is meant to be a device that functions away from a power source, battery conservation is necessary.
The Move can also go under the radar if you’ve changed the Wi-Fi password. Since the device has no permission to access the newly changed network, then it’ll be unable to access the Sonos app. There will also be no means to hook up to the internet that you’ll need to update the Wi-Fi settings.
How to Prevent Sonos Move From Going Offline
The Move will only stop from constantly going offline if you’ve disabled sleep mode. There’s no Sonos feature available to do this, not even from the controller app. Your only choice is to always put the device plugged into power to stop it from going into standby.
If you’ve always done this roundabout way to cease sleep mode and the Move still goes offline, then check whether you’re in your Wi-Fi range. If you’re far away from the home network, then this is likely the reason why your Move is offline.
Station the wireless speaker nearer to the Wi-Fi to establish a strong connection and avoid sound dropouts. Another move you can take is to eliminate any wireless interference. Here’s how you can do it:
- Check for Physical Obstructions. Wi-Fi signals are not omnipotent and they may be hindered by different physical barriers. If you’ve positioned your Move in a room full of metal or concrete, then you may need to think about relocating it.
- Configure the Wireless Channels. When you think that the wireless channels are the culprit, then maybe it’s time for an adjustment. Change your router’s 2.4 GHz channel if the Sonos system is tethered directly to Wi-Fi. If it is in wired mode using an ethernet cable, change the Sonos system’s channel to options 1, 6, and 11 instead.
- Station the Move Away From Other Devices. Widgets that work the same frequency as the Sonos system tends to interfere with the wireless speakers. This may be the culprit that is behind your offline problems causing signal interference. To solve this, station the Move 18 inches (~1/2 m) away from non-Sonos technology.
How Do I Get My Sonos Move Back Online?
Getting the right approach to make the Move back online requires troubleshooting the problem at its roots. You’ll first need to identify why it’s constantly going offline in the first place.
If the cause is its built-in sleep mode, then your only choice is to always plug the Move in. This is the only way to keep Sonos’ automatic power-saving mode away.
However, the device is the first portable Sonos product. As such, always keeping it stationed to power is counterproductive. If you think so, then just cancel the sleep mode by pressing the power button or visiting the Sonos app once in a while.
On the off chance that the Move is not in sleep mode but is still unreachable, then eliminate any cause of signal interference. Put away any physical barriers that block the connection. You can also transfer other devices that interfere with the frequency, or just opt to relocate the Move near the Wi-Fi router.
If all of these are not working, then you’ll have to reboot the Move or even resort to factory reset. If the Move still refuses to go online, then the final step you can take is contacting tech support.
How to Prevent Sonos Move Not Appearing in the Sonos App
The Move not appearing in the Sonos app is quite easy to prevent. This is the case if you’re well aware of why the disconnection is happening so often. Here’s what you can do to reconnect the Move to your system:
- Check the Move’s Battery Life. If your wireless speaker has no charge, then it’s a given that it won’t appear in the Sonos app. Similarly, if the device has some battery left, then double-check if it is powered on.
- Restart Your Wi-Fi Network. Unplug your home network for a few minutes then plug it back in. Sometimes, the network has no signal, which is the reason why the Move is not registering in the Sonos app.
- Ensure That You’re Connected to the Right Network. Confirm whether your device is not connected to a guest network. You can do this by checking the Wi-Fi settings of your source device, be it iOS or Android.
- Check the Ethernet Cable. If you’re currently using the wired route, then examine whether the cable itself is plugged firmly in both the router and the Sonos product. The Move does not have an ethernet port, but it may be affected if the source device is not functioning correctly.
- Disable VPN Connections. If you’re using a VPN connection on your other devices, turn it off. This can interfere with the Wi-Fi and Move linking, making the speakers appear offline.
How to Fix Sonos Move Missing in the App
To fix the Move from missing in the Sonos app, you’ll first need to check why it is not reflecting in the first place. Here’s how you troubleshoot the problem on your own before calling up Sonos support:
Utilize the ‘Find Missing Products’ Feature in the Sonos App
- Launch the Sonos controller app from your iOS or Android device.
- Go to Settings, then click Support.
- Locate the ‘Find Missing Products’ option and follow the in-app instructions.
Check the Power on the Sonos Move
- The Move is a portable device, so you’ll need to check the battery status quite often. To do so, just press the Play/Pause button and see if the LED light reacts.
If the Move is still missing in the application for an unknown reason, then you can reboot or restore it to factory settings. However, note that you’ll need to set it up in the Sonos controller app once again.
You can also try to reboot your router. Resetting the Wi-Fi network can also help in preventing the Move from going offline and not appearing in the Sonos app.
How Do I Sync My Sonos Move?
If you’ve recently bought the Move and have not configured it yet, you can sync it to your Sonos system after setup. Here’s how you do it:
- Open the Sonos controller app. You can do this on either your iOS or Android device.
- Go to the Settings page then tap System.
- Click on the ‘Add Product’ option and follow the steps provided to add the device to the Sonos system.
Syncing the Move to the Sonos system will enable you to enjoy the different features. You can create rooms and group your speakers to fellow sister devices recorded in the same system.
How to Connect Sonos Move to Bluetooth
The Move is Sonos’ first-ever portable speaker, capable of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in one. As such, if your network is not in range, then you can resort to streaming audio straight from your source device. Here’s how to connect the Move via Bluetooth:
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button for a few seconds until you hear a chime. The LED indicator will also flash blue to signify that the device is on Bluetooth pairing mode. You can find this button between the Power and Join buttons.
- Activate Bluetooth on your source device. It won’t matter if you’re using Android or iOS; as long as it has compatible Bluetooth, then it’s good to go.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth page on your source device. Locate the Sonos Move in the list of detected devices.
- Click on it and wait for the connection to be established. If pairing is successful, then the LED light will flash solid blue.
Sonos has also provided a button that can easily enable you to switch between Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with one press. This is helpful if you want the wireless speaker to function independently without the help of the controller app. Here’s how to do it:
- Locate the Bluetooth button on the back panel of the Sonos Move. It is between the Power and Join keys.
- Press the Bluetooth button once to switch from Wi-Fi to Bluetooth mode. You’ll hear a chime and observe the LED indicator flashing blue.
Here are the pointers you should know when using the Sonos Move on Bluetooth mode:
- You can’t activate Bluetooth mode without setting up the wireless speaker on the Sonos app. This initial process needs a Wi-Fi connection and a source device.
- During Bluetooth pairing, the Move won’t show in the Sonos controller app. However, you can still control Playback and volume straight through the paired source device.
- Speaker grouping, stereo pairing, and voice assistants are unavailable during Bluetooth mode.
How to Reconnect Sonos Move to a Bluetooth Device
Sonos Move is a Bluetooth speaker capable of remembering six devices. If you want to reconnect it to a source device you most recently linked with, then simply activate Bluetooth pairing mode on both techs.
If you want to pair with other registered widgets, then look for the Move on the list of your connected devices. On the other hand, if you’ve restored your speaker to factory setting, then ‘forget’ the Move before pairing once again.
Why Won’t My Sonos Move Go Into Bluetooth Mode?
The Move not going into Bluetooth mode mainly means one thing — you haven’t set it up in the Sonos controller app. That or you haven’t activated the Bluetooth pairing mode on the hardware buttons. To do this, just hold the Bluetooth key until you hear a chime and the device flashes blue.
On the chance that you’ve configured the speaker via Wi-Fi and it still won’t work in Bluetooth mode, then check if your device is in range. Sonos has included Bluetooth 5.0 in the Move that can connect within a maximum range of 800 feet (240 meters). Attractive, yes, but this can be interfered with a lot of external factors.
You may have physical barriers which prevent the Move from connecting via Bluetooth mode. The speaker may also fail to utilize the connection if it is in a Sleep state or even powered off.
How to Connect Sonos Move to My Phone
The Move is an all-around speaker that you can link to any of your devices. You can even connect it to your smartphone, making you capable of controlling the device from almost anywhere.
There are three ways you can hook up the Move to your phone. Check them out below:
Use the Sonos App
- First off, you need to download the Sonos controller app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi network as the Sonos Move. Don’t forget to press the Power button to turn on the speaker.
- Open the Sonos controller app and then follow the in-app directions in setting up the program.
- Navigate to the Rooms list and then add your phone to the list of linked devices.
If successful, you’ll be able to use your phone to use the Sonos controller app. In turn, the app will serve as a medium for you to control the Move as well as other speakers listed in the program.
Utilize the Bluetooth Feature
- Turn on the Sonos Move and locate the Bluetooth button on the back of the device. Hold the key until you hear a chime and the LED light flashes blue.
- On your phone, activate Bluetooth. Then wait a few moments for the Move to be read.
- Click on the Sonos Move in the list of available devices and wait for the connection to be established.
In this mode, you can use the Move as an independent speaker rather than a part of Sonos’ multiroom family. You can stream audio from any of your programs and control its output directly from the phone.
The third option is only available for iOS users through an Apple-exclusive feature known as AirPlay. Here’s how you do it:
- Open Control Center on your iPhone. You can do this by either swiping up or down, depending on the Apple model you have.
- Locate the audio card in the upper right corner and then click on the AirPlay icon. You can’t miss it because it sports a triangle and triple circle design.
- On the list of devices, tap on Sonos Move. You can also click on other products to stream the same music across all of them.
You can also access AirPlay directly from some of your iOS programs. Launch the application of choice then click on the AirPlay icon and choose the Move.
Why Won’t My Sonos Move Connect to My Phone?
It can be annoying when you want to listen to music but the Move itself refuses to connect to your mobile device. On times like these, your best bet is to troubleshoot why it is happening in the first place. Here are some of the plausible reasons why the device won’t connect via Bluetooth:
- The Move Is Drained or Powered Off. In this state, it is completely unreachable and you’re unable to use the wireless speaker in any way.
- Your Devices May Be Out of Range. The devices may be far away from each other, or physical barriers are interfering with the connection.
- You Haven’t Activated Bluetooth Pairing Mode. The Move won’t be able to connect to your phone if you missed turning on the Bluetooth on either device. To make this linking possible, you’ll need to activate this feature on both your speaker and mobile phone.
If none of the above is the right answer, then you have to reboot your device. In some cases, the software may just need a little bit of refresher, allowing you to kickstart the connection.
How to Set Up Sonos Move on Wi-Fi
If you’ve just entered the Sonos ecosystem, then know that Wi-Fi is the foundation of the brand’s technology. All their devices, including the Move, requires the wireless network to function. You can’t even use the speaker at all if you haven’t set it up on the controller app via Wi-Fi.
When connecting the Move to Wi-Fi, you’ll need your go-to source device and your trusted Wi-Fi network connection. Note that this won’t work at all if you’re on a public network, especially with all the risks. Here’s the step-by-step process of connecting the portable speaker to Wi-Fi :
- Open the Sonos application. You can use the wireless speaker with other legacy Sonos devices in the S1, or even create a new system via the S2.
- Connect your source device to the wireless network you want the Move to be linked to. The Move is versatile enough to work with 2.4 or 5 GHz Wi-Fi connections.
- Turn on your Sonos Move. You’ll find the Power button on the back of the device. You’ll find that the LED indicator will flash white while turning on. It will continue to flash if it is not yet connected to your home network.
- Create a brand-new Sonos system in the controller app. You can also add the Move to an existing Sonos system if you want to include it with other Sonos devices.
- Go to the System page. This is the first option you can see in the menu, located next to the house icon.
- Click on Add Product. You can find this in the last section of the page, located right next to the ‘+’ icon.
- Wait for the controller app to finish searching for nearby Sonos devices. Once done searching, it will display the name and picture of the widget. In this case, look for the Sonos Move.
- Tap on ‘Add’. Also, press the Infinity button on the speaker after you hear a chime.
- Check the Sonos controller app for further instructions. Click on the ‘Update’ option if the Move is requiring a software upgrade.
- Select ‘Done’. You can now see the Move recorded in the controller app and also linked to the Wi-Fi of your choice. To ensure connection, check if the LED indicator is displaying a solid white light.
Note that connecting the Move to Wi-Fi and linking it to the Sonos app are essential steps. You won’t be able to enjoy any of the speaker’s features if you haven’t configured it in your home network. This includes Bluetooth pairing as well as software updates.
How to Get Sonos Move Back to Wi-Fi
If you’re currently streaming via Bluetooth, you can simply press the Mode key on the back of the Move to return to Wi-Fi. While doing this, you’ll notice how the LED indicator switches from blue to blinking white. Once the device is done connecting to the home network, the light indicator will turn into solid white light.
The Move is the first-ever Sonos speaker that functions well in both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections. It may be confusing for users at first, especially as it’s the pioneer in the long line of the brand’s devices. Luckily, Sonos pulled through with the Mode button which helps you transition between links easily.
How Do You Tell if Sonos Move Is Connected to Wi-Fi?
One solid thing that can help you figure out if the Move is tethered to your home network is the LED indicator. If it’s showing a solid white light, then the wireless speaker is functioning well via the home network.
However, there are instances where you’re unable to look at the device straightaway. That, or you’ve completely disabled the LED light indicator so you’re left with one option to check the connection.
The only alternative way to view whether the Move is connected to Wi-Fi is through the Sonos controller app. However, before jumping to the steps of how to check the network status using the program, you’ll first need to be aware of some terms:
|WM:0||The Sonos speaker is currently in wired mode. It’s connected to Wi-Fi using an ethernet cable.|
|WM:1||The Sonos speaker is tethered to the home network wirelessly.|
|WM:2||The Sonos speaker is used as a surround speaker to another widget at the moment.|
These codes are important for you to know because they will appear on the network status page of your Sonos program. To check whether the Move is connected to the Wi-Fi wirelessly, do these steps:
For iOS or Android Devices
- Launch the Sonos controller program then navigate to the More page.
- Select the Settings button that you’ll find in the menu.
- Click on the ‘About My Sonos System’ option. This will lead you to a screen displaying a list of Sonos products connected in the household.
- On this page, you’ll find the Move and an indication of whether it is connected to the home Wi-Fi. Look for the WM:1 code to make sure that the device is in Wi-Fi mode.
For macOS Devices
- Open the Sonos controller app and then select Sonos in the menu bar.
- Select ‘About My Sonos System’. This will lead you to the list of connected Sonos devices that are functioning via Wi-Fi or SonosNet (ethernet cable).
- Scroll down until you see the Sonos Move in the list. Check for the code beside the device. If it says WM:1, then the Move is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
For Windows Devices
- Click on the Sonos program in the list of applications.
- Once opened, select Help and click on ‘About My Sonos System’.
- This page will display the network status of all your connected Sonos devices. Find the Sonos Move and check for the WM (Wireless Mode) code to know whether it is working via the home network.
The Sonos app is a convenient way to monitor your devices. Through it, you’ll easily see all information about the speakers via the About My Sonos System. You can even check all of your devices’ status by doing a few taps and clicks.
Why Won’t My Sonos Move Connect to Wi-Fi?
Not being able to connect the Move is a hassle, especially if you’re at home and would like to enjoy a high-fidelity audio experience. Here are the main causes why the wireless speaker refuses to connect to Wi-Fi:
- You’ve Entered the Wrong Wi-Fi Password. To ensure that you won’t enter an incorrect Wi-Fi password, click on the Show option. If you always have this problem, check the default network password written in the router. You can also directly contact your internet service provider.
- You’re Connecting to the Wrong Wi-Fi Network. If your Sonos device still refuses to connect even when you’re sure of the password, then double-check if you have the correct network. Click on ‘Use Another Network’ if necessary, and try establishing a connection again.
- You Have an Incompatible Wi-Fi Network. There are certain Wi-Fi networks that do not have a feature enabling wireless connections. In this case, you’ll need to wire one of your Sonos speakers instead. After wiring the speakers, link the Move via the controller app.
If you’ve checked and nothing matches any of the reasons above, then reboot your router. This will ensure that the connection will be refreshed, eliminating underlying problems in the network. Check if Sonos will be able to connect to the home network, and if it does, look for the Move in the list of linked devices.
How Do I Change the Wi-Fi Network for My Sonos Move?
To change the Wi-Fi network for your Move, you’ll need to have access to your Sonos controller app. This will enable you to access the Sonos system in which your wireless speaker is registered. This particular system also has a history of all the networks you have connected to.
First off, if you’ve changed the router, then you’d need to remove the network you’re no longer using. Here’s how:
- Open the Sonos controller application in either iOS or Android source device.
- Go to the Settings page, then click on System.
- Then tap Network and select Networks.
- Choose which of the Wi-Fi network you want to remove. Once you’ve found the network you want to be erased, click on Remove.
To register the new Wi-Fi network for your Sonos Move, make sure you’re not using the wired route. Also, changing the Wi-Fi connection won’t be possible if you’re using Mac or PC. Here’s how you change the home network on your wireless speaker using the S2 app.
- Launch the Sonos app on your iOS or Android device. The program will automatically try to access the new Wi-Fi but to no avail.
- There will be a message saying ‘Unable to Connect to Sonos’. Click on Let’s Fix It to address the problem.
- Alternatively, you can also navigate to the Settings tab and tap any of the two prompts. You can choose to select ‘Unable to find your Sonos system’ or ‘Update your network settings’.
- Follow the in-app instructions to successfully change the Wi-Fi network in the Sonos app. In turn, the Move will also link to this newly-changed home connection.
How to Set Up Sonos Move on New Wi-Fi
Setting up the Move to function on a new Wi-Fi is easy, as long as you have your source device with you. It won’t even matter if you have the S1 or the S2 version because the wireless speaker is compatible with either. However, there’s one thing to note — you should be on your mobile phone to do this because Mac or PC won’t work.
Here’s how to set up the Move on a new Wi-Fi network using the S1 app:
- Open the Sonos S1 app on your iOS or Android device. This application is compatible with Legacy Sonos devices, so it’s convenient for users who are using the brand’s classic tech.
- Wait for the app to finish searching your Sonos System. A message will appear, ‘Unable to Connect to Sonos’. Click Learn More.
- Select the ‘Changed Router or Wi-Fi Settings?’ option. In-app instructions will prompt you to successfully connect the S1 app to your new Wi-Fi. This in turn will enable the Move to set up itself on the new network.
Alternatively, the Sonos S2 app is also something you can use to control the Move. All you need to do is launch the said program and wait for the ‘Unable to Connect to Sonos’ popup. Select ‘Let’s Fix It’ and follow the instructions in the app.
This process may take about two to three minutes, so don’t panic when the devices take a long time to connect. Once the phone has linked to the new network, check if you can stream audio using your portable speaker.
There are instances where some products are missing from the device’s list. However, all you need to do is reboot the missing Sonos tech to refresh the connection.
How Do I Connect My Sonos Move to Ethernet?
Some of the devices of the home audio giant have ethernet ports that enable them to form wired connections. Unfortunately, the Move is not made with this feature that utilizes a cable.
This is actually for good reason. Since the Move is Sonos’ first-ever venture out into the outdoors, having an ethernet port defeats its purpose. True, you can use it as part of the signature multiroom family, but you’re meant to blast it outside.
Where Is the Ethernet Port on Sonos Move?
The Move is part of Sonos’ portable generation of speakers, so it’s a given that it won’t have any ethernet port. The device is the brand’s first gamble in the portable speakers’ industry, so it’s meant to be fully mobile. It does function exceptionally as part of the Sonos’ Group feature, but it cannot link using the wired route.
Instead of an ethernet port that can access SonosNet, the Move has an alternative pairing mode. As the pioneer in the long line of Sonos’ tech, it can function via Bluetooth when there are no available Wi-Fi networks nearby.
Why Is My Sonos Move Not Working?
Upon purchase, the Move will not work on both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth modes. This is because you’ll need to first set it up in the Sonos controller app to activate the product. If you’ve already configured the device and it has worked fine, then the malfunction may stem from other reasons.
One plausible thing is that the Move has drained battery. In this state, you’ll find that it won’t work no matter how much you press the hardware buttons. It also won’t appear in the list of Sonos devices and, of course, is not discoverable in Bluetooth mode.
If you’re sure that you’ve plugged the Move in using the charging port or any compatible power adapter, then it may be from a system impairment. You can opt to reboot the product, and resort to factory reset if rebooting does not work.
On the off chance that the Move is still not responding, then try to contact Sonos support. It may be because of a factory defect, which calls for possible replacement.
Why Is My Sonos Move Not Connecting?
There are several reasons why the Move is not connecting to any of the available pairing modes. First off, if you’re trying to link it to a device with the Sonos controller app and fail, check the Wi-Fi connection. You may be tethered to a different network, or you’re simply out of range to the home Wi-Fi.
If you’re trying to link via Bluetooth or AirPlay to no avail, then it may be because your devices are out of range with each other. This may be because of wireless interference, or you’re simply too far to connect with a source device. That or you completely forgot to turn on Bluetooth and AirPlay on your tech.
Sometimes, the speaker itself is the culprit. The Move may be drained of charge, or it is completely turned off. Also, it may be on Sleep mode, where it’s neither linked to the Sonos system nor discoverable.
If none of the above is the problem, then the following tips below may be of use for you:
- Restart Your Router. Sometimes, it’s not your devices that are the problem but the Wi-Fi network itself. In this case, you can try plugging out the router for a few seconds before turning it back in.
- Force Quit and Reopen Sonos App. On times that the controller program can’t detect the wireless speaker, try to quit the app first. Relaunching it after a few seconds will refresh its connection to the network and your devices as well.
- Reboot the Sonos Move. This is a default step if you’re experiencing speaker problems. Rebooting the Move will refresh its system and can address connection problems.
- Submit Speaker Diagnostics. By reporting the problem to Sonos, you’ll be able to have support in identifying the cause of the connection issue. The system itself will diagnose what’s wrong and submit its status to Sonos Help.
How to Install Sonos Move
If you’ve just bought the Move or decided to reset it to its original settings, you’ll need to install it all over again. However, there are a few pointers to consider before you start. Here they are:
- Plug the charging base into power and position your Move on top to power it on.
- If you’re using a power adapter, make sure that it has a minimum output of 45W (20V/2.25A or 15V/3A).
- Wait for the Sonos Move to show a blinking green light in the LED indicator.
- You will need your default source device and the Sonos controller app. It won’t matter if you have the S1 or S2, it’s all up to your preference in installing the wireless device.
Here’s how you set up and install the Sonos Move:
- Launch the Sonos app on your device. It won’t matter if you have an iOS or Android tech since the program is compatible with both.
- Click ‘Set Up a New System’. This will prompt you to create or log in to your existing Sonos account.
- Tap Add on the window that is showing the Sonos Move. If you’re using the S1 controller program, click Continue then Set Up Products.
- In-app instructions will be provided to smoothly help you install the Move.
When you install the wireless speaker in the controller app, you get access to all streaming services partnered with Sonos. Not only that, but you can have a lot of features, including ‘smart assistance’.
How to Add Sonos Move
If you have an existing Sonos system, then it is convenient to add the Move instead of creating a new one. This is especially the case if you want the speaker to function along with your other devices in the same system. Here’s how to add Sonos Move:
- Launch the controller application on your iOS or Android widget.
- Go to the Settings tab and then click on System.
- Under the System category, select ‘Add Product’. Follow the in-app prompts to connect the wireless speaker to your Sonos system.
Before doing the steps above, you should plug the Sonos Move to power. You can do this by setting up the wireless charging port or plugging it into a compatible power adapter. Wait for the device to start flashing green before adding it to the system.
Similarly, if you want to add the Move in the list of your connected Bluetooth devices, all you need to do is make it discoverable. By doing so, you give an opening for your source device to link to the speaker without going through the Sonos controller app. This is also a great alternative for times you want to stream audio but don’t have access to your Wi-Fi system.
How to Make Sonos Move Discoverable
You can use the Move as part of the Sonos system and stream media via the Sonos controller app. However, you can also make the Move connect directly to your source device. All you need to do is to make it discoverable in Bluetooth mode by pressing one single button on its concave back.
As long as you’ve set up the Move via Wi-Fi, you can put it into discoverable mode by tapping the Mode button. Press and hold the same button until you hear a chime and the LED indicator starts flashing blue. Once the device does this, it is discoverable to other technologies on the same wavelength.
How Do I Reconnect My Sonos Move?
To reconnect your Sonos Move to an existing source device, all you need to do is trigger the Bluetooth pairing feature. Note that you should have the speaker and the source widget within each other’s range, else you can’t reconnect them.
The Move is quite impressive and can register up to six devices that it has linked with before. However, if you’ve restored the speaker to factory settings, then you should ‘forget’ it before pairing with the source device once more.
On the other hand, if you want to reconnect the Move on the home network, all you need to do is click the Mode button once. This will change the link from Bluetooth to Wi-Fi and reconnect the device to the controller program. Upon pressing the Mode button, wait for the LED indicator to turn from blue to solid white.
How to Pair Sonos Move
There are a variety of ways to pair the Move, such as linking into the Sonos app, via Bluetooth, or using Apple’s AirPlay. Choosing which kind of pairing mode is really up to your preference and the situation you are in.
If you’re at home or have a stable Wi-Fi network, then your best move is to connect the Move the wireless route. To do this, you only need to turn on the speaker and wait a few moments until it is read by the Sonos controller app.
Within this setting, you get access to over 130 streaming services. This includes Apple Music, Amazon Music, Spotify, and even several radio stations you can enjoy jamming to.
On the other hand, you can also opt to pair the Move directly with your source device. This is possible via Bluetooth, which is a unique feature only portable speakers in the Sonos ecosystem have. To do this, just activate Bluetooth pairing mode by pressing the Mode key at the back of the speaker.
You may think that the Move’s surprises end here, however, it can also link to Apple products via AirPlay 2. This is quite an achievement, especially as most speakers in the market do not have the same feature. Just activate the AirPlay on your Apple product and select the Sonos Move as the output device.
How to Put Sonos Move in Pairing Mode
If you’re away from your home network, you can choose to put the Sonos Move in Bluetooth pairing mode. This alternative route is a gamble for the brand but is a lifesaver for its users. Here’s how you can put the wireless speaker in pairing mode and link it to a source device:
- Turn the Sonos Move on and wait for the LED indicator to turn from flashing to a solid white light.
- Click on the Mode button located in the back of the wireless speaker. This will push the LED indicator to start flashing blue. From this point on, the Move is on pairing mode and is discoverable to other devices.
- To link with a source device, turn on Bluetooth from its end as well. Search in the list of devices for the Move and click on it.
- Wait for the chime and for the LED indicator to turn solid blue. This indicates successful Bluetooth pairing, and you can now stream audio straight from your playlist.
Before pairing mode can be activated, you should first set up the Sonos Move on Wi-Fi through the controller app. Also, in Bluetooth mode, you’re bound to only use the speaker as a general audio device. This means you don’t have access to any smart assistant, Group feature, and even stereo pair.
How Do You Pair Two Sonos Moves Together?
Aside from Wi-Fi and Bluetooth linking, the Move is also capable of connecting with another device of the same model. This is possible through the built-in stereo pair feature, which is useful if you have two-of-a-kind Sonos speakers. Before starting the stereo pair, here are several pointers to keep in mind:
- You can only stereo pair two speakers of the same model. This means you can only link the Move with another Sonos Move.
- Both of the Sonos speakers must be registered in the system as separate rooms.
- The most optimal placement for stereo pairing should have a distance of about 8 to 10 feet apart (2.4 m to 3.0 m).
- Stereo pairing two Sonos Moves is only possible via Wi-Fi using the controller app. It is not available when one of the devices is in Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Similarly, the optimal listening distance should range from only 8 to 12 feet (2.4 m to 3.7 m) away.
Here are the steps to create a stereo pair using two of your Sonos Move:
- Launch the Sonos controller app from your iOS or Android widget.
- Open the Settings page and then click on System.
- Under the Products category, click on one of the Sonos Move you intend to use as a stereo pair.
- Select Set Up Stereo Pair and follow the in-app prompts. Alternatively, if you’re using the S1 controller, then choose Create Stereo Pair instead.
If you’re done using the two devices in stereo mode, then you can easily separate the two. Just go to the Products page, and then select the room with the stereo pair. Click on Separate Stereo Pair and follow the instructions to safely disconnect the two Sonos Moves.
How to Pair Sonos Move With Sonos One
If you have a Sonos Move and a Sonos One lying around, then you can pair them using the brand’s well-known multiroom feature. To pair them, you’ll need access to the Sonos controller app as well as set up the speakers on the same network. Here’s the step-by-step guide to doing so:
- Launch the Sonos controller program on your iOS or Android device. It won’t matter which, as long as the device is linked to the same Wi-Fi as the speakers.
- Open the Settings tab. This is the gear icon located on the upper right part of the screen.
- Navigate to the System and select Groups. Click on Create Group to create a link between the rooms of Sonos Move and Sonos One.
- You’ll find a list of available speakers when forming a Group. Locate the rooms where you station the One and the Move respectively. When done, check the circles of each room and then tap Save.
- Once done, you’ll find that the Rooms of Sonos One and Sonos Move have merged. They are now under one Group and you can stream the same media on the two of them.
The Move is a portable speaker that functions great with Bluetooth but it shines best among its sister devices. You can pair it with any Sonos device as long as they’re from the same system, so try to maximize the Group feature. You can even blast the same music indoors and station the Move outdoors, enabling you to enjoy the same audio all around the house.
How to Pair Sonos Move With Arc
Stereo pairing the Move with the Arc is impossible, but you can still link them together thanks to Sonos’ multiroom feature. To do this, you should utilize the Group function, where you combine the rooms the two speakers are stationed in.
One way to do this is to use the physical buttons on your Sonos products. If you’re playing audio on your Arc device, then simply press and hold the Play/Pause button on your Sonos Move.
This will group the Room in which you put the Move in with the Room you stationed the Arc with. In this state, the Move will also play the same audio as the Arc, and vice versa. Note though that if you have other speakers in the same Room, they will also stream the same sound.
Another alternative is to use the Sonos controller app. As long as both speakers are registered under the same Sonos system, then grouping the two of them is entirely possible.
How to Group Sonos Move With Other Speakers?
All Sonos products are exceptional in their own way, but you can’t deny that the Move stands out on its own. It is an impressive Bluetooth speaker and can also be grouped as part of the brand’s multiroom family. In fact, it jives well with other speakers if you station them right:
Group Rooms using iOS or Android Device
- Open the Sonos controller application and go to the System tab.
- Select Group next to the room you stationed the Move speaker.
- Then choose the Rooms that contain the devices you want to combine the Move with. You can also opt to choose Everywhere to save time if you plan to group all the Rooms.
Group Rooms using macOS or Windows
- Once you open the Sonos program, look over the left side of the app. Tap on the Group button on the Room you put the Move in.
- Click on all the Rooms you want to merge with the Move, and then select Done. You can also choose Select All-Party Mode to combine all your Rooms.
As long as you have Wi-Fi and the Sonos app, you’ll be able to group the Move anytime with other Sonos speakers. With this, you get to stream audio to a part of the house or your entire home. Once done, you can ungroup the speakers and return them to their respective setting by:
- If you’re using an iOS or Android gadget, go to the System tab on your Sonos app. Then click the Group icon on the Group you want to disband. Select the Rooms you want to eliminate from the Group and tap Done.
- On your macOS or Windows device, go to the Rooms pane located on the left side of the program. Then tap the Group button next to the Group you want to separate. Choose the Rooms you want to remove and then click Done.
- You can also use the physical buttons when ungrouping the Rooms together. To do so, just press and hold the Play/Pause button long enough to ungroup a Room from the merged speakers.
It can be convenient to group and ungroup rooms when you’re always using them. Sonos is quite aware of this fact, so they gave you an option to save the Groups you created.
However, this is only available via the S2 application. Here’s how to save a Group of Rooms that you constantly use to stream audio together:
- Open the Sonos controller app and navigate to the Settings page. Then click on System and then Groups.
- Tap the Create Group option and click on the Rooms you want to merge together.
- Choose a name you want to call the Group and then select Save.
- You can also make a shortcut for the saved Group. All you need to do is to select the Group button on any of the Rooms included. Then from the System tab, select the plus icon.
To edit the Group you just saved, here’s how to do it:
- Select the saved Group you want to edit. Then click the Rooms under the Include section to eliminate them from the Group.
- Choose the Rooms under the Available section and select the ones you want to add to the Group.
- Click on the Group Name to edit what you want to call the merged Rooms. Then select Save when you’re satisfied with the changes.
To delete a Group you’re no longer interested in using, follow the steps below:
- Select the saved Group you want to disband. Click on Delete Group and then select Confirm.
To use a saved Group and play the same audio across the speakers involved, do this:
- Go to the System tab, then click the Group icon on any of the Rooms involved.
- Select the Group name and then tap Done. You can now stream the same media across different Rooms.
How to Pair Sonos Move With a TV
Since the Move is made without the option of hardwiring it to another tech, the only way to pair it with a TV is through the wireless route. You can opt to connect it with your smart television via Bluetooth or AirPlay if you have an Apple device. However, the most foolproof path is through the use of a Sonos soundbar and stream the media using the multiroom feature.
Move–TV Pairing Using Bluetooth
This will only work if your smart TV has Bluetooth capabilities. The Move is Bluetooth-enabled, so you should check if the television functions on the same profile as the speaker. If it does, here’s how to pair them:
- Activate Bluetooth mode on both of your devices. On your Move, press the Mode button located on the back of the speaker. Hold this key until the LED indicator turns blue.
- On your smart TV, go to Settings and then Bluetooth. On the list of available devices, look for the Sonos Move. Click on it and wait for the pairing to take place.
When successful, any audio you play from the television will stream right on your wireless speaker. This is the easiest way to link both devices, however, there is a certain downside. You may experience audio delay, especially when the audio codec of both techs don’t match.
Move–TV Pairing Using AirPlay
If you have an Apple TV setup, then it is possible to link the Move using the exclusive AirPlay feature. All you need to do is link the Sonos system you’re using to the Apple device. Below are the steps to do it:
- Check if the Apple TV setup and the Sonos controller app are connected to the same network.
- Look for your Apple TV remote and hold the Play button. Wait for a few seconds and a list will show. This list contains the speakers and headphones available for connection.
- Select the Sonos Move as your output device. You can also opt to choose multiple Sonos speakers to customize your setup.
Move–TV Pairing Using Sonos Soundbar and Controller App
Since the Move is still part of the multiroom family, you can utilize the Group feature to link it to your TV. You’ll need another type of speaker, though, ideally in the form of a Sonos soundbar like the Beam or Arc. You can even use the Playbar, which is also a great option by itself.
All you need to do is to connect the soundbar to the Sonos controller app. Remember that the Move should also be registered on the same program. Afterward, link the soundbar to the TV via an optical audio cable.
Then, you can group the Move and other speakers you’d like to stream TV audio with the soundbar. This will enable you to play the same audio from your television to multiple devices connected to the controller app.
How to Delete and Remove Sonos Move From the System
The Move is compatible with the Legacy S1 controller app as well as the S2 version. If you want to remove it from one of the programs, then you’ll need to do different steps.
To delete the Move from the S1 program, use the removal tool. Here’s how:
- Launch the Sonos S1 controller application. Go to the Settings page and then click on System.
- Select System Tools and locate the Remove Products option. On-screen instructions will appear that will help you clear off the Move from the Legacy S1 program.
To remove the Move from the S2 controller program, you only need to reset the device to the factory setting. To do this, hold the Power button for at least five seconds or until the LED indicator turns off.
Then, press the Join button and then simultaneously let go of the Power key. Continue holding the Join button until you see the LED indicator flashing orange and white. When the light blinks green, factory reset is done.
This will delete and remove the Move from the S2 controller app, and make it ready for setup with another program. However, you’ll also delete your data from the speaker, including the connections it has formed.
How to Reset Sonos Move
There are two types of reset you can do on your Sonos Move. The first one is called soft reset, in which you only refresh the device’s system. In this process, you keep all the data stored in the speaker and only clear the nonstorage memory of current programs.
To do this, just unplug the Move from any power source. After this, hold the Power button for a minimum of five seconds. You should continue pressing the key until the LED indicator turns off.
Wait for about ten seconds and then press the Power button once again. You can also opt to return the Move to the charging base or plug it in using a cable wire.
The second type of reset is called a hard reset. This process will restore the Move to its original state from when you’ve just purchased it. If you’re keen on this, then your first step is to unplug the device from being charged.
After doing so, locate the Power button on the back of the speaker. Press and hold this particular key for a minimum of five seconds or until the LED indicator flashes nothing. Reach out for the Join button and simultaneously press it with the Power key.
Release the Power button but don’t stop pressing the Join button until the LED indicator flashes orange and white. When the hard reset is complete, the light will display a green color.
Remember that in this route, the device will forget everything. This includes all data, from the Sonos system it was linked with to the smart assistant you’ve installed.
How Do I Do a Factory Reset on My Sonos Move?
Since the Move is the first portable speaker Sonos has created, the process of factory resetting the device is different from usual. It has different buttons from what you’re used to, so here’s a quick guide to resetting the Move:
- Ensure that the wireless speaker is on, but not connected to any power source.
- Hold the Power button for five seconds or until you see the LED indicator turning off. The key is located on the back of the device, together with the Join and Mode button.
- Hold the Join button, but don’t let go of the Power button just yet. The Join button is the one with the infinity icon, so it’s quite easy to find.
- Let go of the Power button but continue holding the Join key until the device flashes orange and white.
- Wait for the LED indicator to flash green to signify that the process is complete. You’re free to set the Move up to its old system or opt for an entirely new one.
Factory reset is one of the ways you can repair issues on the Move. If you’re sure that the battery is not the problem and it’s the software that’s malfunctioning, then this is the best bet you have. This is also your last card before contacting the Sonos help desk, so use this sparingly.
Alternatively, you can also use this if you want to transfer from one Sonos controller app to another. The Move is quite versatile and can keep up with both the S1 and the S2 programs.
How Do I Hard Reset My Sonos Move?
Performing a hard reset on the Move will restore it to its original system state and erase all data stored on the speaker. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Remove the Sonos Move from its charging base or unplug it from a power adapter.
- Press and hold the Power button for a minimum of five seconds to turn it off. The device is turning off if you hear a chime and the LED indicator is not displaying any light.
- Reach out for the Join button, the key with an infinity symbol. Press this button and release the Power key right after.
- If the wireless speaker is not charged and drained of battery, then put it in the charging base first. Hold the Join button until the LED indicator flashes orange and white.
- The hard reset process is done if the light will flash green. In this state, the Move is ready to be set up to your Sonos system once more.
How Do I Reboot My Sonos Move?
Rebooting your device will almost always help you in solving the most common of inconveniences. Whether you’re having trouble with the software or there’s a battery bug, this can solve most common cases. Here’s how you reboot the Move in several easy steps:
- Unplug the Sonos Move from any power source. Make sure that it is off its charging pad too.
- Hold the Power button for a minimum of five seconds or wait until the LED indicator turns off. You can find this key on the back of the Sonos Move.
- Wait for about ten seconds for the device’s system to reboot.
- After a few seconds, press the same Power button. You can also place the Move back to its wireless charging base or plug it into power using a compatible cable.
How Do I Update My Sonos Move?
To update the Move, you’ll need to upgrade the Sonos system in which it is hooked up. You can do this in either the S1 or S2 app, depending on the program your device is linked with. Here’s the whole process of updating your wireless speaker:
Check for Updates
- If you’re using an iOS or Android device, go to the Settings tab of your controller application. Then click on System Updates and tap Check for Updates. This will prompt the app to upgrade to the latest software if there is any available.
- If you’re using Mac, go to the Sonos Menu and select Check for Updates. Similarly, if you’re navigating using a PC, tap Manage Menu instead.
The Sonos system can also be updated based on your scheduled convenience. You can choose any of the given two-hour periods by clicking on ‘Scheduled’. Note though that the scheduled update will be postponed if there is audio playing during the time window.
Here are the two-hour update periods you can choose from:
- Morning — 5:00 am to 7:00 am
- Afternoon — 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
- Evening — 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Overnight — 2:00 am to 4:00 am
If you’re not one for scheduled updates, then you can also do software upgrades manually. By default, the Sonos system on both versions of the controller app is in automatic update mode. You can change this by:
- Launch the Sonos controller app and then go to the Settings page.
- Find System and then click on System Updates. Toggle the Automatic Updates setting off.
Keeping up with the latest updates on your Sonos system will ensure that the Move is functioning properly. Not only do the updates improve protection against bugs, but also give you access to modern features. Additionally, it will also provide you with upgraded services and other Sonos-exclusive releases.
Generally, there will always be a notification to let you know if there is a ‘System Update Available’. This will remind you to always keep your system up to date, which in turn will secure all your connected devices.
How to Repair Sonos Move
To repair the Sonos Move, you should first check why it is not working in prime condition first. If you’ve already identified what is causing the malfunction, then you can smoothly work on ways to repair the device. Here’s how:
- Check the Speaker’s Battery. The Move may be unresponsive simply because you haven’t charged it after a while. To solve this, plug the speaker to power using a compatible adapter or Sonos’ very own wireless charging pad.
- Look for Other Hardware Problems. Since you’re meant to bring the Move outside, it’s bound to be exposed to extreme weather conditions. This may result in hardware malfunction, like the circuit board wearing down. It’s better to check the physical state of the speaker and have it repaired by a specialist.
- Relaunch the Controller App. If the speaker appears offline even though it is fully charged, then the Sonos program may be the problem. You’ll have to restart the application and wait for the Move to be detected.
- Reboot your Sonos Move. There’s one default thing you can do to repair this wireless speaker. Whether you’re having connection problems or even system malfunctions, you can try to resolve it through this step.
- Reset the Move to Factory Settings. This step is the final solution you have before reporting to a service center. Factory reset is where the device will be returned to its original settings, in which you’ll need to configure it again. If the problem is not hardware, then this will likely ‘repair’ your Sonos Move.
If none of the steps above work, then submit a diagnostic report to Sonos. This will connect you to a specialist that will guide you in solving the issue at hand.
To do so, position the Move in the charging dock or plug it into a compatible power adapter. Navigate to Settings and then click on Help and Tips. Select Submit a Diagnostic and report the situation in depth.
How to Remove and Replace the Sonos Move Battery
There’s another thing that makes the Move stand out from the rest. This is the fact that Sonos has manufactured a replacement battery kit for the wireless speaker. Here’s how you use it at the comfort of your own home:
- Hold the Power button on the back of the device for about five seconds. This will prompt the device to turn off. Make sure that it is not stationed in the charging base or plugged into a power cable.
- Flip the speaker upside down until you see the long rubber strip. Carefully remove the strip using the triangular tool provided in the kit.
- Two screws will appear right after you’ve removed the rubber strip. Unfasten these screws using the tool in the replacement package.
- Once the screws are removed, you’ll see the Move’s battery. Use the triangle tool to lever the battery around the edge for easier access.
- Put aside the old battery and insert the replacement one. Carefully check all the sides to see if it is fitting quite nicely.
- Don’t forget to reattach the screws and fasten them tightly. Double-check to ensure that they won’t fall off.
- Get the long rubber strip and return it to its original place. This is important because the strip secures the battery in place.
You can try to dispose of the old battery in your local certified e-waste facility. If there is no available one nearby, call 0800 026 1526 to send the battery back to Sonos (refer to their site for updated info). This will lead you to contact a company representative to help you sort out a prepaid shipping label.