Not only is the Move portable, but it also has smart features. It’s able to accommodate Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa as long as you activate voice control. To do so, use the Sonos controller app which will provide you with in-depth instructions.
Where Is the Power Button on Sonos Move?
The Power button on the Move is located on the back panel of the device. You can’t mistake it for anything else – it has the classic power symbol printed on it. Located with the Mode and Join keys, the device is built for user convenience.
If you’re deeply entwined with Sonos, you’ll realize one thing: the Move is actually the first one to sport a Power button because it is portable. It’s battery-powered, so you have the option to turn it off when not in use.
How Do I Turn On My Sonos Move?
You can turn on the Move by pressing the Power button on the concave back of the speaker. Of course, this will only work if the device has a significant amount of battery power. If the battery is drained, it will be unresponsive no matter how much you tap the Power key.
If the Move is on Standby mode, just give the same button a tap and watch it respond. This will trigger the device to turn on, and you can use it as usual.
On the chance that the Move has a drained battery, you’ll need to plug it into power to turn it on. You’ll need to wait for a few minutes though, especially if it has turned itself off due to being drained.
How Do I Know if Sonos Move Is On?
You’ll know if the Move is turned on by looking at the LED indicator on top of the device. Once you’ve pressed the Power button and it has booted up, it will flash white. When it is blinking white light, the device is on and waiting for the connection to take place.
On the other hand, the LED indicator will show a blinking green light upon purchase. This is the case if you’ve successfully powered on the Sonos Move. In this state, you’re free to configure and set up the speaker as it is turned on.
Why Won’t My Sonos Move Turn On?
There are several reasons why the Move won’t turn on. On days where the only thing you want is to blast music, it can be an annoying occurrence. Here are the common reasons why it’s not powering up:
- The Device Has No Remaining Charge Left. Since the Move is battery-powered, you’ll need to plug it in occasionally for it to work. It can function for a maximum of eleven hours, so it’s quite easy to forget that it needs charging. If it’s not turning on, then try plugging in the device for a few hours to replenish the battery.
- The Move Has a Defective Battery. Since the wireless speaker has a disposable lithium-ion battery, it is consumable. If you think that it has been with you for three years or so, then you may have used up the battery’s life. You’ll need to replace the battery or purchase a new speaker if you want to.
- It Has a Damaged Circuit Board. Although the Move speaker has an IP rating of IP56, it doesn’t mean it’s unbreakable. At times it has faced outside weather, the device may have accumulated condensation. If the circuit board gets damaged, it’s best to bring it to a specialist directly.
If none of the aforementioned reasons is the source, then you may want to check if the problem stems from the software itself. Try to reboot the Move and see if it’ll turn on right after. If it doesn’t, then your last resort is to restore it to the factory setting.
You could also try to submit a diagnostic to Sonos and have the system check for possible solutions. To do so, put the Move into its charging dock and then go to Settings on the controller app. Select Help and Tips, and then Submit a Diagnostic to explain that the device is not turning on.
Why Does My Sonos Move Keep Turning Itself On?
One reason why the Move keeps turning itself on is that it’s not powered off completely. Rather than turning the speaker off, you may have triggered the standby feature instead. This puts the device in sleep mode, which partly mimics the speaker’s powered-off state.
This may occur when you’ve manually initiated the standby state by giving the Power button a quick tap. Standby mode can be canceled, and you may be turning the Move on unintentionally by pressing the Power key once again. Similarly, it can also be because you’ve launched the Sonos app that the Move is registered under.
On the other hand, there’s another reason why the Move keeps turning itself on when you’re sure that you’ve turned it off fully. You may have put it in the charging base, which similarly triggers the device to turn on.
If the Move keeps turning itself on even when it’s completely powered off and not on the charging pad, then it may stem from a more serious problem. Try to reboot the device, and in the worst-case scenario, do a factory reset. If it still does it, then it’s best to consult a Sonos specialist.
How Do I Turn Off My Sonos Move?
You can turn the Move off by pressing and holding the Power button for a minimum of five seconds. Once you hear a chime and the LED indicator shows no light, then the device is fully powered off. This may seem a little foreign for you, especially because it’s the first time for a Sonos device to have a Power key. The brand’s products are usually stuck to a power source and only need to be unplugged to turn off.
However, the Move is the first speaker on the list to rely on a rechargeable battery. As such, the company found it efficient to include a button that you can freely press for turning the device on or off.
Should I Turn Off Sonos Move When Not Using?
Turning the Move speaker off when you’re not using it is a matter of preference. If you’re not going to use the device for a significant amount of time, then you should do so. This is helpful when you’re traveling and don’t need the speaker to always be up and about.
Additionally, turning the device off when not in use will help conserve the battery charge. This will benefit you especially if you don’t have access to a nearby power source. Aside from this, you get to rest the speaker and cool the battery down when you completely power it off.
On the other hand, you can also opt not to turn the Move off. Sonos integrated an automatic sleep feature on the device, so it won’t consume as much battery life. If you’re bound to use the device in a few, put it on standby mode instead.
Here’s how you do it:
- Remove the Sonos Move from any source of power. This includes taking it off the charging base or unplugging it from the adapter.
- Press the Power button on the back of the speaker. You’ll hear a short chime and the LED indicator will turn off. Note that you should only tap the key once, and not hold it for a few seconds.
Alternatively, the Move will also enter this sleep mode if you leave it alone for thirty minutes. Note that the device is not completely powered down in this state, and is still consuming battery charge. Worry not though, because this pseudo-off mode can last for approximately 120 hours.
Why Does Sonos Move Turn Itself Off?
The Move does not possess the ability to turn itself off. What it does have is an automatic Suspend mode that mimics the device powering off. In this state, the speaker’s LED indicator will shut off and the touch controls will temporarily be unresponsive.
As such, it’s easy to mistake it as the Move completely turning off. However, in this mode, the device is actually just saving battery power. This is part of Sonos’ initiative to reduce total energy consumption which is also beneficial for the wireless speaker.
The Move’s battery-saving state will trigger after thirty minutes of the product being idle. It will automatically occur, especially when the Move has no music playing in the queue. As a default feature, you can’t opt to exclude it even when you use the controller app.
One thing you can do to stop the speaker from going into pseudo-off mode is to always plug it into power. That, or you can always cancel it by pressing the Power button shortly.
If the device turns off even when it has not been thirty minutes, then you may have a faulty battery. The Move has a lifespan of about three years, so it’s time for a battery change if it’s been with you for long.
Where Is the Battery Light on Sonos Move?
The battery light on the Move is located on the front of the speaker, behind the speaker grill on the bottom part. Note that this is completely different from the status light, which is found on top of the device instead.
If you’re having trouble locating the battery light, simply put the Move on its charging pad or plug it in using a compatible adapter. This will cause the audio tech’s battery indicator to light a solid orange.
What Does the Battery Light Mean on My Sonos Move?
Since the Move is battery-reliant, it makes sense that it has its battery light. This will help the user know the status and how much power there is left on the device. Here’s how to decipher the pattern the battery indicator is showing:
|The battery indicator showing blinking orange light means that the Move is low on power. To be specific, it has a 15% charge remaining, or even lower.
|The Move giving off a solid orange light indicates that it is charging and connected to power. This light will last for ten seconds after the speaker is plugged in. Once the light indicator has turned off, the device will still continue charging.
|When the battery indicator is flashing red, the Move is in faulty conditions. This may be because of a system malfunction, so you’ll need to troubleshoot the problem. You can also opt to contact Sonos support to resolve the case.
How to Check Battery on Sonos Move
You can check the battery level of the Move by using the Sonos controller app. All you need to do is to go to the System page and find the wireless speaker’s name on the list. You’ll then find the battery status beside the model in percentage.
If you’re using the S1 controller app, then go to the Rooms tab instead. You’ll see the battery charge of the Move next to the name of the Room it is stationed in.
When in Bluetooth mode, the battery level is also available for view exclusively in the controller program. All you need to do is launch the app and you’ll see a screen. This window will show you the device’s image, its name, and the battery level it is functioning on.
Although not the best in the market, the Move has eleven hours of battery life. This means you won’t need to constantly check its charge level especially if you’re streaming for only a few hours.
How Do I Charge My Sonos Move?
There are two ways to replenish the battery level of your Move. First off, you have the Sonos-issued wireless charging base. This is included in the bundle you purchased the portable speaker in, so you won’t have to splurge extra money.
To use this, you need to place the Move above the charging base. Check whether the charging contacts are positioned and aligned with each other. Also, make sure that the wireless charger is plugged into power, and that your speaker is totally dry. When using this method, expect the Move to be fully charged within two hours.
The charging base is made for indoor use only, or you risk damaging it. If it does, you can purchase a brand new one on the Sonos website for less than $80.
You can also use a USB-C PD charger since the Move has a compatible port. Sonos recommends its users use a 45W (20V/2.25A or 15V/3A) charger to replenish the battery more efficiently. If you have a more powerful adapter, you can also use it for a shorter charging duration.
If you only have a 36W (12V/3A or 15V/2.4A) charger, then you can use it too. However, be prepared to wait for a longer time because the charging speed will decrease significantly.
How to Charge Sonos Move With USB-C
Although Sonos recommends you use their charging base, you can settle with using cable wires instead. Since the Move has a USB-C port on the back, using a compatible line is completely acceptable.
Here are the specifications so you can charge the wireless speaker using the wired route:
- Sonos specified that you should use a USB-C PD power adapter. This should have a minimum output of 45W (20V/2.25A or 15V/3A).
- You can also use a 36W (12V/3A or 15V/2.4A) charger. However, this mode will lead to a longer charging time especially if you’re using the Move simultaneously. Anything lower than this specification won’t charge the wireless speaker.
If you don’t have the Sonos-made charging port with you, try to use the USB-C PD charger instead. This can support up to 100W (50V/2A) of power, so you’ll quickly replenish your battery.
How Do You Know if Sonos Move Is Charging?
One easy way to tell if the Move is charging is through the battery LED indicator. This indicator is located on the front of the device, on the bottom part behind the speaker grills. If it is showing a solid orange light, then the wireless speaker is charging just fine.
Note that this light won’t continuously be active. It will only show for about ten seconds and turn off after this duration. However, you won’t need to panic since the Move is still charging if this occurs.
If you’re far away to check your speaker, then you can also use the Sonos app to check battery level instead. If the Move has less than 100% charge, then there will be a lightning symbol on the battery icon. Once it is full, then this icon will disappear leaving only the 100% battery percentage.
How Can You Tell When the Sonos Move Is Fully Charged?
If you’re using the wireless charging base Sonos has included in your speaker bundle, then expect the Move to be full after two hours. However, if you’re using a USB-C PD or other compatible chargers, then you can check battery level using the controller app.
To make it easier, look for the lightning symbol on the battery icon next to the Move’s name. If the device is plugged into power and yet has no lightning symbol, check if it has a 100% indication next to it instead. This means that it is done charging and is fully replenished for use.
All you need to do is launch the Sonos S2 program and navigate to the System page. Locate the Move’s name and you’ll see the battery percentage beside the model. If you’re using the S1 version, go to the Rooms page instead and you’ll find the charge status next to the Room the Move is stationed.
Can You Leave the Sonos Move on Charge?
Leaving the Move on charge is acceptable and won’t cause any significant harm to the device. In fact, it is safe to constantly plug the speaker into power for a day or two to optimize the battery cycle. By doing so, you’ll always have the product ready for when you need to be on the go and still listen to music.
You don’t have to worry about the Move’s battery lifespan whether you’re using the wireless charging base or a USB-C PD adapter. For starters, Sonos made the wireless charging pad to be quite resistant to overcharging and overheating. It is truly made for extensive use, so you can leave the device charging for some time without any repercussions.
USB-C PD chargers are also remarkable. Not only is it powerful, but smart enough to be able to communicate with the connected device. Specifically, this power adapter can give the optimal charging power level for the wireless speaker.
Aside from these, Sonos made the Move with the right design to prevent damage. With innovative additions to the device’s software, battery capacity is constantly improving.
There’s one thing to remember though. You should unplug the device occasionally and use it away from the power source. Limit leaving it plugged in for two days at most to avoid battery degradation.
Why Does My Sonos Move Take Too Long to Charge?
Using the Sonos charging base will enable you to reach full charge after two hours. If it has taken you noticeably longer, then check the status of your wireless charging pad. This may be because it needs replacement and has accumulated damage after some time.
On the other hand, if you’re charging via the wired route, then check your power adapter. You may be using one that is not the right fit for Sonos’ USB-C charging requirements. For reference, here are the specifications to follow when plugging the Move using a cable:
- Use a USB-C PD power adapter with a minimum output of 45W (20V/2.25A or 15V/3A).
- Alternatively, you can also charge using a 36W (12V/3A or 15V/2.4A) charger. Note that this will make the Move reach full battery for longer.
If you’ve checked both the power adapter and charging pad and found no fault in them, then there may be other reasons. It may be due to a faulty battery, which won’t charge as efficiently as you first bought it. Also, try to check if the charging port has accumulated debris, which can hinder charging as well.
Lastly, it can be because of hardware damage, like faulty circuit boards. In this case, your only hope is to visit a service store to have the Move repaired.
How Do I Use Voice Control on My Sonos Move?
If you think the Move is simply a general Bluetooth speaker, then you’re in for a surprise. You can also issue commands and use voice control by activating the function through the controller app. Here’s how to do it using your iOS or Android device:
- Launch the Sonos controller app and navigate to the Settings tab.
- Click on ‘Services and Voice’. Under the Voice option, select ‘Add a Service’.
- You’ll be presented with two options to choose from. Either tap on Alexa or Google Assistant to start their respective setup process.
You won’t need to think too hard about which smart assistant to choose. Just go with the one you’re most familiar with, or tap the one you have an account with. Note that the voice control feature may not be available in select countries, so check it out first.
How Do I Talk to My Sonos Move?
Since the Move has a built-in voice control feature, you can talk to it like your regular smart speaker. If you have Amazon Alexa installed, then simply activate the AI by saying “Alexa” and state your commands. You can also activate Google Assistant in a similar way, just call “Hey Google” instead.
Once you’ve summoned your assistant and you heard a chime, then the Sonos Move is listening. This means you can converse with it from across the room, as long as you’re still within range. Issuing basic commands will give no problems either, just make sure the microphone is enabled.
How Do I Turn On My Sonos Move Microphone?
To turn the microphone on your Sonos Move, you only need to tap the mic icon on the top part of the device. This is a feature unique to voice-enabled Sonos products, which is helpful if you want to keep some privacy.
If you want a clear indication of whether the microphone is on or off, then the company has another trick up its sleeve. There’s a LED light made just for this, and here’s how you decipher it:
- Solid White Light. When the Move shows this color, then the microphone is turned on. In this state, the device is listening and will execute your commands upon activation.
- No Light. If the battery LED is not giving off any light, then the microphone is disabled. You can’t use automatic ‘Trueplay’ or use any voice assistants when the Move is muted.
There’s also another microphone feature you should know of. If the Move is on mute, you can press and hold the mic button to issue a voice command. After letting go, the mic will return to its muted state.
How to Use Alexa on Sonos Move
The Move has built-in Alexa capabilities included. This is unlike other Sonos products that require a third-party device. As such, you’ll only need to activate the smart assistant to your speaker to use it. Once you’ve done so, you’re free to issue various commands to make your life a bit easier.
Alexa can assist you with daily tasks, such as calling an Uber or checking for weather updates. You can also use it on the Move to play or send music to other Sonos products that have no AI built-in.
How Do I Connect Alexa to My Sonos Move?
To connect Alexa to your Move speaker without hassle, you’ll need to prepare a few things. First off, don’t forget to activate the voice control feature using the Sonos controller app. If you’ve failed to do this, then you can’t start the setup process for the smart assistant.
Also, you should download the Amazon Alexa program on your source device. This is available on both iOS and Android, so you shouldn’t encounter any problems at all. Log in to your Amazon account to access features that are available for account holders.
Once you’ve done both those things, then you can now connect the smart assistant to your wireless speaker. Here’s how:
- Launch the Sonos controller app and go to the Settings tab.
- Locate the Voice category and then choose ‘Services and Voice’.
- Click on ‘Add Voice Assistant’ and select Amazon Alexa. Alternatively, if you’re using the legacy S1 app, tap ‘Add a Service’ instead.
- In-app instructions will lead you to sign in to your Sonos account. After you do, choose the Rooms you want Alexa to respond to. Select the Room the Move is stationed in, as well as others you want to include for access.
- Once done, select ‘Add Amazon Alexa’. There will be a prompt that says Sign in to Amazon. You’ll be navigated to the Amazon log-in page, in which you should log in.
- Directions will be given to aid you in connecting Alexa to your Sonos Move. Additionally, there will also be an option to activate the Alexa chime when you say “Alexa”. You can opt to turn it on or off depending on your preference.
- Once finished, another prompt will appear and lead you to ‘Go to Alexa App’. In this tab, select the streaming services you’d like to use. Additionally, ensure that the programs are also connected to the Sonos controller app.
- Go back to the Sonos program and click ‘I’ve Set Up My Music in Alexa’. You can now try out the voice control feature using Amazon Alexa. Through this, you can command the Move hands-free.
How Do I Activate Alexa on My Sonos Move?
If you want to activate Alexa on your Move speaker, then make sure the microphone is turned on first. If it is, simply say the magic keyword “Alexa”, and the device will be listening to your requests. You can do this while away from the wireless speaker since it can be initiated hands-free.
As long as you’re within range and you’ve said your command clearly, then all is good. Of course, note that this feature won’t be available if you haven’t activated voice control in the first place.
Why Does Alexa Not Work on Sonos Move?
Before you get all giddy about the Move’s voice control feature, you should be aware of some limitations. This includes Alexa’s availability on Sonos, which may be the reason why the smart assistant is not working on your speaker.
Alexa is only available in limited countries, so you’ll need to check whether you’re in these select regions. The places include Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, and Italy. It is also available in Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States.
How to Fix Alexa Commands Not Working on Sonos Move
It can be a hassle if Alexa is not following through with your requests on the Move speaker. The device may be unresponsive or giving off an error saying, “Hm, I’m having trouble understanding right now”. Worry not though, because here are some quick fixes to help with your predicament:
- Turn On the Microphone. Alexa being unresponsive does not equate to malfunction on the get-go. You may have failed to turn on the microphone, which can be solved easily. Tap the mic icon on top of the device and watch the status light turn on before giving commands.
- Relocate Your Sonos Move. Another factor that causes Alexa not to work is physical barriers or background noise. As such, move the wireless speaker away from walls and other devices to ensure that it can hear you.
- Reactivate the Sonos Skill. Launch the Alexa app and open the More menu on the bottom right to solve system errors. Select Skills and Games, then disable Sonos Skill under the Your Skills category. Enable the skill after a few seconds, and try to issue your request once more.
- Double-Check Your Amazon Account. You may have encountered problems when linking your Amazon account to the app. Note that only one Amazon account is allowed in the Sonos system. As such, you’ll need two to be able to use Alexa in two different places.
- Connect Your Music Services. There may be times where Alexa will prompt you to “Link Music Services”. Do the required steps in the Amazon Alexa program you’ve downloaded to your source device.
If the mentioned tips have not solved the problem, then you may turn to one particular advanced fix. Here’s how to do the step-by-step process:
- Launch the Alexa app on your iOS or Android gadget. Then click on the More menu located in the bottom right part of the screen.
- Select Skills and Games, then Your Skills. Locate the Sonos option then tap Disable Skill.
- Remove the Sonos Move from Alexa by going to the Manage Your Content and Devices tab. Select Devices and then tap on the Sonos Move to deregister.
- Once done, open the Sonos controller app. Disable the voice control feature by navigating to the Settings tab. Then go to Services and Voice and select Amazon Alexa under the Voice category.
- Select the Move from the list of Sonos devices and then click Remove Alexa.
- Next, log out of all the Amazon apps on the device. This includes the Amazon app, Alexa App, and Amazon.com in your browser. Don’t miss this step as it will ensure that you use the right Amazon account.
- Go to the Sonos app then set up Alexa all over again. In-app prompts will be provided to ensure you link to the right Amazon account.
- Once done, try to issue a command on the Move speaker by activating Alexa.
How to Use Google Assistant on Sonos Move
If you’re a long-time user of smart assistants, then you’ll find it easy to use Google Assistant on the Move. Once you’ve activated the voice control feature via the controller app, you get to use it as you do with other smart devices. Simply issue a command with the microphone turned on, and watch the speaker respond.
From managing daily tasks to asking random questions, the smart speaker with Google Assistant installed is to the rescue. You can even use it to control your playlists and stream chosen media on your Sonos Move.
How Do I Connect Google Assistant on My Sonos Move?
To connect Google Assistant on your Move, you’ll first need to get some pointers out of the way. First off, you’ll need to ensure that the smart assistant is available in your area. You also have to ascertain whether it has the default language you want to configure the AI in.
If Google Assistant is functional in your region, then downloading its program to your mobile device is the next step. Look for it in the App Store or Google Play Store and proceed into account login.
Lastly, ensure that the Move is configured and added into the Sonos System. Note that the system should be on the latest software available to avoid complications.
If you’ve checked off the requirements above, then you’re ready to activate Google Assistant on your Move. Here’s the step-by-step process:
- Open the Sonos controller app on your iOS or Android gadget.
- Navigate to the Settings page and tap Services and Voice. Under the Voice tab, select Add a Service. If you’re on the S2 app, then click Add Voice Assistant instead.
- Choose Google Assistant in the selection and then tap Add to Sonos.
- After doing so, you’ll need to choose the Rooms you want Google Assistant to access. Don’t forget to select the Room you stationed the Move in, as well as others you want to include.
- After choosing, click on Add Google Assistant. This will navigate you to the Google Assistant program you’ve installed on your phone.
- Once in the app, follow the prompt to sign in to your Sonos account. Afterward, set up the Move and other Sonos products in the program.
- The setup process includes allowing the Sonos speakers to use Google Assistant via your account. Additionally, you will need to choose the Room in which the devices are stationed. Also, give access to your address for location-based features.
- You’ll also need to decide whether you like the Google Assistant chime when you say “Hey Google”. This is on by default, but you can change it easily.
- Add all the music services you have and select which one of these is the default.
Ensure that the same music services are included in the Sonos controller app. After you’ve gone through all these steps, you’re free to use Google Assistant on your Move speaker. However, note that this feature is not available for use when in Bluetooth. As such, always check if you’re on Wi-Fi mode when using the smart assistant.
How Do I Activate Google Assistant on My Sonos Move?
If you’re already done connecting Google Assistant on your Move, then activating it is easy peasy. All you need to do is unmute the microphone of your speaker and say “Hey Google” to activate the device. Wait for the chime and input your command, be it shuffling your playlist or organizing your to-do list. You can also ask questions as if you’re having a basic conversation with your speaker.
Why Does Google Assistant Not Work on Sonos Move?
One of the main reasons why Google Assistant is not working on the Move is because it’s not available in your region. The smart assistant via Sonos is not functional globally, and can only be accessed in select places. As such, it’s best to check out its availability before getting your hopes up.
On the off chance that the Google Assistant is working fine and it suddenly stops functioning, then you’ll need to troubleshoot the problem. Here’s how you can solve common occurrences on the Google Assistant to Move connection:
- Make Sure You’ve Turned the Microphone On. It can be easy to forget that you’ve muted the Move, so you’ll need to check the microphone light constantly. Before talking to the speaker, look over and see if the light is solid white. If it is not, tap the mic icon once and then state what you want towards the smart device.
- Eliminate Hindrances and Background Noise. To ensure that the Google Assistant can catch what you’re saying, you’ll need to make a few adjustments. Relocate the device somewhere quiet, and with fewer physical barriers for an easier conversation.
- Check the Google Account Used. Each Sonos system is only eligible for one Google account. As such, if you have a second system, you’ll need to use another account or the smart assistant won’t work.
How to Skip Songs on Sonos Move
The easiest way to skip a song on your Move is by using the touch controls. All you need to do is to swipe from left to right to jump to the next media on queue. Alternatively, you can also skip to the previous track if you swipe from right to left.
If the speaker is far away from you, you can opt to skip songs directly by using the controller app. Since you’re using a streaming service within the program, you’ll find the appropriate buttons to jump from one song to another.
On a different note, if you’re using the Move via the Bluetooth route, then use your source device. If you’re streaming using a third-party program, just press the corresponding buttons for next and previous on your gadget.
How to Make Sonos Move Louder
To make the Move louder, look over to the touch controls located on the top of the speaker. On the right of the Play/Pause key, you’ll find the Volume Up button. Press this to increase the sound output of your wireless device.
If you want to make the speaker sound aspects louder instead, then the Move has a built-in equalizer installed. Here’s how to adjust the bass, treble, balance, and loudness of the Sonos product:
Using an iOS or Android Gadget
- Launch the Sonos controller app, then go to the Settings page.
- Look for the System category and check for the Room name the Move is in.
- Press EQ, and then drag the respective sliders to increase their intensity and volume.
Using a Mac or PC
- Launch the controller application.
- When using a MacBook, select the Sonosdrop-down menu located on the upper left of the screen then select Preferences.
- Alternatively, if you’re using a PC, then tap the Manage drop-down menu at the top part of the window. Click on Settings afterward.
- Tap on EQ Settings and then choose the Room in which the Move is stationed. Toggle the sliders to equalize or increase the output of each sound aspect.
For reference, here are the sound settings you can increase or adjust depending on your preference:
|Toggles the lower frequency audio, like the bass or kick drum
|Controls the higher frequency sounds, including vocals and guitar
|This will increase or decrease specific frequencies, like bass during low volumes
|Manages the volume output on the left and right audio channel
How Loud is Sonos Move?
The Move has a surprisingly loud output and can give a maximum sound of 105 dB. If you’re not familiar with how loud this is, then think of a small music concert behind closed doors. It’s also equal to a helicopter landing close by, so imagine how thunderous it is at max volume.
It is built with the same mid-woofer driver as the Play:5 but also combined with the same hardware as the One. Specifically, it has two Class-D digital amplifiers and one downward-firing tweeter. This means the Move is built to sound a lot louder, and cater to a wider soundstage.
This is not surprising though. As a portable speaker meant to blast music outside, Sonos made the Move bold and booming. It can fill up an outside garden and stream high-quality music while in a wide-open space.
However, the speaker is designed to project its noteworthy sound output upfront. With this feature, you get to play music loudly while outdoors without disturbing the neighbors.